Thursday, November 20, 2008

First time for everything...

Okay, so there is a first time for everything.....first step, first time riding a bike with no training wheels, first kiss...you get my drift...so this my first time blogging.

Many of my friends have blogs about their families and I thought, "Why not me?" Just because we don't have kids, doesn't mean we don't have things going on that aren't noteworthy or should I say "blogworthy"??

Everybody knows we recently bought a new house and unless you build or happen upon a newly built house you probably bought what I like to call a "pre-loved home". Well that is what we did and just FYI, do good research when buying a home in foreclosure, yes the prices are low, but the work to do is much as we have found out from our experience. We have showered tons of TLC on our new house because the previous owners sure didn't, so much has been done in the 3 months we have become the official owners-NEW paint, new countertops, flooring and appliances in the kitchen, new furniture and the newest of all, garage doors. Yes we finally got our new garage doors installed late yesterday afternoon-WOOHOO!!! What a treat to be able to push a button and pull in, no more scraping my windshield on cold mornings!!! Many years I have waited to be able to pull into a garage and I am still waiting ....see my dad had to go to UAB yesterday for some minor surgery and I came to stay with my sis, Annaeke...but as soon as he gets home tomorrow, I am off....back to Alabaster and my new garage doors. How crazy is it that I am loving on garage doors??!! Well considering it is my "first time" to have them...

So how was that for a "first time"??? Informative and captivating enough for you to come back and read more later, I hope anyway...

3 comments:

The Strings said...

Hey girl! Glad your blogging!

Sandy Lovell said...

Congratulations! I love that you are blogging! You have lots to say and we want to hear! I'm off to read more!

Gillispie Blog said...

You are blogalicious!