Monday, October 11, 2010

BANNER Challenge

Banners seem to be a popular design technique and this was a perfect challenge for me to show some off with pictures from my 40th birthday crop. I was lucky enough to be able to spend my birthday weekend with some of my scrappy friends and we had a blast, lots of junk food, staying up late and tons of laughing!!!
I decided on a two-page layout because I wanted to use several pictures, which I had printed wallet size-9 to a page and I loosely used a sketch by Allison Davis. Creative Imaginations Piece of Cake line was perfect for this celebration, the bright colors were so much fun. I used bright green cardstock from my stash to help show off the fun design of these papers. I made my banners from cutting diamond shapes in half (from the balloon animals pattern paper in the line) and adding some rub-on letters. I pop-dotted the cake and blinged it upadding stickles to the candles and using Liquid Applique to look like icing. I added some journaling blocks from my stash to document the weekend.

Be sure to join us at TrailMakers for the Banner Challenge, we would love to see what you come up with!!

No comments: